- This event has passed.
April 24, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Storycatchers Live: Service Industry Night | YPWeek 2017
Storycatchers and Pulse Young Professionals Network: Service Industry Night
Join us for a live storytelling event where members of the community become storytellers sharing (mostly) true stories, surrounding the theme: ‘Service Industry.’ You DO NOT need to tell a story, or even be a young professional to join in the fun! After all, a story isn’t a story without someone to tell it to.
CALL FOR STORYTELLER SUBMISSIONS!
DEADLINE: April 10th
Calling all CNAs, RNs, hospitality professionals, bartenders, waiters, public transportation or janitorial providers, etc. – If you work in the service industry, then this night is for you! We want your down and dirty, raw and uplifting, meaningful and mundane stories of working 9-to-5 (or the graveyard shift for that matter). Bring us your craziest day on the job, most often misunderstood, or your love it so much it hurts stories. We’re dedicating the night to celebrating and commiserating the ins-and-outs of being committed to service.
Tips for Interested Tellers:
• You DO NOT need to be a professional storyteller, or even have told a story in public before.
• Submit your story OR 2-min recorded story pitch to email@example.com by April 10th to be considered.
• Stories should be right around 5 minutes. This is tough! Practice by timing yourself.
• Stories can be in all formats – memorized, written, top-of-your-head, song.. you just have to be open to sharing from your experience.
• Stories should be (mostly) true and circle the theme loosely. Don’t let the theme constrict you. This can be a starting point or central focus, it’s up to you.
Interested tellers will hear about placement after the April 10th deadline. Don’t hesitate to reach out and ask any questions before sending. We welcome both new and return tellers. Don’t worry if you’ve never done this before! This pre-submission process just allows for flow of stories and themes, we welcome and encourage ALL voices. We all have stories to tell!
Tips for Curious Listeners:
• Be prepared for a treat! Stories have a way of surprising you, breaking your heart and mending it all in one tale. These events are just as fun for the listeners as they are the tellers.
• We’ll try to leave a spot or two for day of draw-your-name-from-a-hat story spots. So not ready to commit, but after drinking and easing into the night want to tell? We’ve got you covered.
• Stay as long or for as little as you’d like.
This event is open to the public, and all are welcome and encouraged to submit to be a storyteller. You do not need to be a young professional to tell or attend. Since authenticity and true life experience is the main focus of the night, story content will not be guaranteed to be appropriate for all.
Event registration: https://www.facebook.com/events/269594013472014/