What is Fox Cities SOUP?
- a collaborative platform for community connection
- a public dinner
- a social experiment in micro-funding
- a relational hub bringing together creative communities
- a safe forum for critical but accessible discussion
- an opportunity to support creative people in the Fox Cities
Fox Cities SOUP is a forum in which community members can share their ideas for how to enhance the quality of life for residents in the Fox Cities. Dinner is served and a micro-grant is awarded to one individual/organization from funds collected throughout the evening.
How does it work?
During YP Week 2018, Pulse Young Professionals Network (a program of the Fox Cities Chamber of Commerce) will host a dinner featuring delicious local soups and 3-5 grant proposal presentations made by community members/groups for projects that will enhance the quality of life in the Fox Cities. Each presenter will have five minutes to share their ideas and answer four questions from the audience. For a $5.00 donation, each attendee will receive soup, bread, and a single vote to decide which project they would like to see receive funding. Proceeds from each meal become the grant that will be awarded to the chosen project, which will be voted upon by all present at the dinner. The minimum award for the winning project will be $500 with potential to receive more depending on attendance – the more people in attendance, the more funds available to award! The winners return to a future SOUP dinner to report on the progress of their project.
Our mission for Fox Cities SOUP:
- Empower residents and emerging community leaders
- Help establish thoughtful partnerships and networks
- Promote action, change, risk-taking, leadership, equality, and creativity
- Foster critical dialogue surrounding the quality of life for all Fox Cities residents
When and Where is Fox Cities SOUP?
- Tuesday, April 24, 2018 | 6:00 – 9:00pm at The Source Public House in Menasha
How do I buy tickets to this event?
Tickets are purchased at the door and are $5/person. There is no pre-registration. If you wish to contribute/donate additional funds you are welcome to do so, however each attendee will receive only one vote (no exceptions).
What kinds of projects are eligible?
Projects must be located within the Fox Cities and positively impact the community in at least one of the following areas:
- Public Art and Culture (i.e. public art, art education)
- Connectivity/Activity (i.e. health and wellness, transportation, community accessibility)
- Cultivating Engagement, Diversity and Inclusiveness (i.e. social engagement, jobs, civic engagement)
- Place-Making/Neighborhoods/Community Engagement (i.e. space-making, gathering spaces, neighborhood revitalization)
Not all submitted projects will be selected to present at the SOUP event. A proposal committee will pre-screen submissions for appropriate projects and content, feasibility in getting funding, conflicts of interest and other guidelines.
How do I apply for a chance to present at Fox Cities SOUP?
The proposal application is simple and brief. Please click below to fill out the form.
If your proposal is selected by the committee, you will be contacted to present at the SOUP event.
If you have any questions, please contact Nikki Hessel: email@example.com
**Please thoroughly review your submission before sending; incomplete proposals will not be considered. You may want to type your answers in a word processor and save the document before electronic submission.
**Projects should be ready to implement once money is awarded. Awardees will have 6 months to begin their project and will be asked to share progress at a future SOUP event.
Proposal Due Date: Midnight on Sunday, April 15, 2018
- Do I have to be a Fox Cities resident to submit a project?
- No, but the project must be implemented within the Fox Cities.
- What if I am proposing a project that will take place on City property, in schools, etc?
- You will need to secure permission/approval from whoever owns/administers the proposed location.
- When will I know if my project was selected to present at the event?
- You will be notified approximately one week before the event.
- How long will I have to present?
- Chosen applicants will be given 5 minutes to present their proposal to event attendees, and answer 4 questions from the audience.
- Will there be technology available?
- No. Presentations will be done without technology. Handouts and other visuals are acceptable.
- I can’t make it to the event, can I still apply?
- No – You must be present at SOUP to present your proposal. Grant recipients are also required to present their progress at the following SOUP event.
- If I am selected to present my proposal do I need to buy a ticket for myself to the event?
- No – if chosen, you will have ONE FREE entry per organization for the presenter. All others presenting with you, friends, staff, supporters, loved ones, etc. will have to purchase a ticket to get in.
- If I presented, can I still vote?
- Do I have to be a member of Pulse to apply/attend?
- No. Everyone is welcome!