Future 15 FAQ

What is the Future 15 Awards?

The Future 15 Awards are an annual event hosted by Pulse Young Professionals Network, a program of the Fox Cities Chamber of Commerce and the Fox Cities Regional Partnership, in collaboration with Post-Crescent Media. In the first quarter of each year we honor 15 outstanding Young Professionals from all over the Fox Cities, who serve in a variety of professional and philanthropic roles throughout the community.

Why should I care?

The Fox Cities have thousands of young professionals who excel not only within their respective places of employment but also give back to our community in innumerable ways. These professionals shine new light on their diverse fields and positively influence our quality of life in the Fox Cities, an influence that plays an integral role in attracting and retaining talent in the area. Future 15 recipients will be chosen based on their professional dedication, strong sense of vision for the future of the Fox Cities and personal commitment to philanthropy in the community they call home and beyond.

What is the timeline like?

We began accepting nominations for the 7th annual Future15 Young Professional Awards on October 15, 2016. Nominations remained open through November 13, 2016. Those nominated had the option to submit an application (self nominations are welcome) by November 27, 2016; those who completed the application advanced on for Future 15 consideration. A subcommittee of past Future 15 winners narrowed down all applications to the top 25 candidates, using a set judging criteria broken down into four catagories. Next a panel of judges consisting of area business leaders reviewed the top 25 applications and scored them. Those scores accounted for 90% of their overall score. The remaining 10% is made up of the online voting component, which allows the public to cast their vote for a favorite finalist. Only the top 25 candidates will be a part of the online vote. Online voting takes place for one week on www.postcrescent.com.

What are the criteria to be a Future 15 Young Professional winner?
  • YP must live or work in the Fox Cities*
  • YP should be active in community service
  • Applications for each nominee must be completed by the nominated person and then submitted
  • If selected as a recipient, must agree to be profiled in a special section in The Post-Crescent as well as a video shown the night of the event and also on postcrescent.com.
  • Previous winners are not eligible to reapply for a minimum of three years

The 2017  Future 15 will be recognized at an event on March 2, 2017 at the historic Hortonville Opera House and featured inside The Post-Crescent.