The Future 15 Young Professional awards, presented by Pulse Young Professionals (a program of the Fox Cities Chamber of Commerce and Fox Cities Regional Partnership) and The Post-Crescent, look to recognize our community’s outstanding emerging talent for their professional & philanthropic contributions within the Fox Cities.
In an effort to expand our impact and provide Future 15 award winners with an opportunity to showcase their personal and professional growth over the years, the structure of our selection and presentation process changed in 2015. Moving forward, the Young Professional of the Year will be selected exclusively from the alumni classes of Future 15 winners. This format has provided the current years applicants a chance at further career and community recognition through their subsequent annual eligibility in the Young Professional of the Year competition. This honor will be bestowed at the Future 15 Awards ceremony (Thursday, March 1, 2018) and will be celebrated once again at The Event in November 2018.
We kindly ask that applicants verify their ability to participate in the Future 15 ceremony prior to applying for the award. Each applicant will receive a complimentary ticket to this event for their participation.
The winner will receive:
- Young Professional of the Year award
- Opportunity to speak for 5 minutes on stage at the Future 15 Ceremony upon receiving their award.
- Secondary recognition as Young Professional of the Year at the Fox Cities Chamber of Commerce annual The Event held in November.
- Recognition in The Post-Crescent and/or postcrescent.com
- Acknowledgment in Fox Cities Chamber of Commerce newsletter, e-blast and Pulse website.
Completing the Application Form:
- Please review the questions and prepare your answers before completing the form below, as you will NOT be able to save or make changes to the information you provide.
- Application Deadline: Sunday, February 4, 2018
- There are a total of three questions to complete. Please be concise with your responses as you will be held to a 500 word limit for each question. The mission statement question will have a 150 word limit.
- Please be sure to attach a photo (jpg or png formats allowed, file size must be under 2 MB) (Note: by submitting photo, applicant authorizes use, with or without their name, in publications, advertising or web content.)
- One page reference letter, sealed in an envelope with the applicant’s name and the signature of the individual who drafted the letter.
- Mail to: Fox Cities Chamber of Commerce, C/O: Nikki Hessel Attn: YP of the Year Award, 125 North Superior St., Appleton, WI 54911
- This letter must be postmarked by Sunday, December 31, 2017
Award Selection Process:
A selection committee will meet in February 2017 to review and select the YP of the Year recipient based on the applicant’s responses, including their level of professional achievement, volunteer involvement, community impact, leadership and character. The judging panel will be a composite of past Young Professional of the Year recipients and upstanding business leaders in the Fox Cities region.
Each applicant should ensure that his/her application is accurate, complete and submitted by the application deadline, which includes postmark confirmation of the required reference letter. The judges have the right to disqualify any applicant who has not met these requirements or falsifies any portion of the application.
Please contact Nikki Hessel (email@example.com or 920-734-7101 ex. 114) with any additional questions about the YP of the Year application or process.
Eligibility & Award Criteria:
The Young Professional of the Year Award is open to all past Future 15 winners who are 40 years old or under, live or work within the Fox Cities area (limited to the following counties: Calumet, Outagamie, northern Winnebago) and have not received the Young Professional of the Year Award in prior years. There is no entry fee to apply.
- Be a past Future 15 recipient (that has not yet won YP of the Year and is 40 years old or under at the time of applying)
- Exemplify a high level of character, integrity and personal/professional values.
- Exhibit noteworthy professional achievement and growth.
- Have established, strong and consistent commitment to community investment/volunteerism.
- Assert proven leadership ability through positions held and roles served professionally and within the community.
- Demonstrate a commitment to serving as a role model for other young professionals.
Please keep the above requirements in mind when answering the questions below.
Thank you for taking the time to complete the 2018 Young Professional of the Year application!